Thank you for your interest in the CNA Certification Program.
The April 11 to August 8 application period to write the 2016 exams is now closed. Our 2017 certification exams and application dates will be announced shortly.
When it comes time to apply, we suggest you have the following items on hand:
- Your RN licence number
- The name, contact information and e-mail address of your endorser
- A credit card
- If applying under Option B (experience plus education), electronic proof of completion for either of the following:
- A post-basic specialty nursing course or program
- The CAET Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Program (ETNEP) or confirmation from CAET that you completed a similar enterostomal program recognized by CAET
Ontario and Quebec RNs: To be eligible for a 20% discount on certification fees, you must be a CNA member. If you are not a member, you can become an independent member for only $54.95 (plus applicable taxes). Your membership will pay for itself immediately!
After you submit your application
- We will send an e-mail to your supervisor asking him or her to verify your application information.
- After we receive confirmation from your supervisor, we will complete the review of your application.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria and your application is complete, we will send you a confirmation letter within 2-4 weeks. This letter will include a link to access all of CNA’s online exam prep resources.
- Shortly afterward, you will receive an e-mail from Pearson VUE to set up your exam date and location at one of their test centres across Canada.
You can monitor the status of your application by checking your online account, which is created as part of the application process.
Change or withdraw from a previously booked exam
To change an exam date, contact Pearson VUE. They may be able to accommodate your request.
To withdraw permanently from the exam, please first review our withdrawal policies. Then, go to your online account and change the status of your application to “Request to Withdraw.”